Saturday, January 5, 2013

Words

Words can cut deeper than any weapon formed against. Nights I layed in bed heavily breathing because of the tears I've wept. Each fallen tear regretting the day I was born. From the womb of my mother I wished I was never torn.

They say pictures speak a thousand words but all of my childhood pictures remain deaf and blinded with silence. My pretend smiles in family portraits sheilded my quiet riots.

Sorry for not being that little boy who chased girls or played ball,  that child you wanted me to be. Physical and emotional scars I have to show how you broke me.

I cradled hurt to form walls to strengthen my barricades to protect me from the hate, turmoil and your giving pain. But still your words penetrated and injured my soul with their demented parade.
 
I remember days I'd ask to hang with you, pretend I wasn't gay and tried to adopt your habits. But the words sissy, punk and homo ushered in the words queer and FAGGOT!

I'm not the most intelligent, but I am able to count pass one. Yet you always found it necessary to use the words stupid and dumb.

Time has passed but not all scars have healed yet. Words can cut deeper than any weapon formed against.

No comments:

Post a Comment